14 November 2007

About damn time...

Well it's about damn time that drum corps started again. My first camp is this weekend and I can't be anymore excited. One, to not only get out of the house, but very far from the house and two, I kinda miss being somewhere else other than fucking Vermont! Plus, after camp is done on Sunday I'm heading home for Thanksgiving which will be kinda nice. Although it's going to be just like every other time I'm home in NJ. No one around so I'll be stuck at home doing nothing again, as always! But hey at least it'll give me some time to finish reading Stephen Colbert's book, which I've only gone through the first chapter and partly into the 2nd but I love it already.

The one thing I am looking forward to is Bombard and I are going to Atlantic City one night since he'll be with Jes in Jersey for the holiday. It'll be my first time in AC but it should be pretty awesome. I invited Kelly to come along but I don't think she will because of work, but we'll see.

So with camp coming up I've been going over the new exercises that Pete sent out. I'm glad that there are more chorale type pieces than last year. It'll provide some more variety than there was last year. I'm particularly excited about playing Adagio this year. We played for part of the year last year, but for some reason it was dumped. Hopefully we stick with it this time because I really like it as a piece and even more so because of the contra parts. The numbered exercises are different too but not any more difficult or anything. I'm just glad to be back in the game finally.

No comments: