28 January 2008

Working backwards...

Ok yes I know it's been a month since I've updated this thing, I should get better at this thing. The only way I will attempt to remember everything is to go backwards. So here goes...

This weekend was a pretty good one. Saturday I drove to Boston to hang out with Caroline who I met on New Years (now that I think about it, going backwards may confuse you all lol). I had a blast. We went ice skating (one of those outdoor ones), then we headed off to dinner and then went back to her dorm and watched Pirates of the Caribbean. I wasn't able to spend the night there because of her roommate so I drove back that night. Which actually was great because I was practically the only one on the road.

This past Thursday was the filming of the Late Night Saturday TV show, which is a local version of Saturday night talk shows. The reason why I was there was because it was National Guard appreciation day or something like that. So one of our MST's, small ensembles, which this time was our Ira Allen Combo which is a mix of swing/latin music was chosen to perform. So I was there mainly to provide logistic support and answer questions anyone might have about the band after the show. We ended up getting a lot of praises which was cool. I'll post the link of the performance as soon as they put it up on the website.

Last week classes started as well. It shouldn't be that bad of a semester for me considering they are pretty easy classes so far. The only class I might have a problem with is my Comparable Religions class, mainly because I'm not religious so my views will be completely contrasting to everyone else's.

My MST (Musical Support Team a.k.a. small ensemble) for the Guard is coming along nicely. I'm suppose to have my vocal numbers, yes I am singing, memorized by this drill coming up so hopefully that will happen. *crosses finger* I am looking forward to going out on tour though because I'm the front man of the group so I get to have the most fun.

Brigadiers, ah yes drum corps. We did have camp this month and it was great. Although the brass numbers are still low, mainly because of the vets not coming back yet, it was great. the brass line has the whole opener memorized basically at this point. We ensembled with battery and pit which was cool, the opening drum statement is awesome! This month's camp is still 3 weeks away so I just hope time flies.

New Years haha. Well I came up to Boston from NJ to go with Lauren and her cousin Caroline to one of her friend's parties. It was fun definitely better than what I would have done, which was nothing, in NJ. So it was worth coming back early for.

Ok so back to the present. I'm just going through the paces of classes and finding a job. I have to be honest I haven't really been looking that hard for a job but I guess I should change that especially since the touring season will be here sooner rather than later. I've been trying to straighten out some stuff with the VA (Veterans Affairs) regarding my benefits and such, which I hope will be resolved soon.

No comments: