15 June 2008

Yeah yeah

So it's been a couple months since I've blogged on this thing. Most of it is because I forgot all about this haha. But hey I'm here now and that's all that matters.

Let's see, I've moved out of the hell hole that was my home for a year. I moved back into the dorms for summer classes and then my final semester in the Fall. It's a lot better living here I don't have to worry about rent or having enough money for food. So it's definitely a step up. Plus I don't have a roommate right now so I have the place all to myself which is nice.

The army is going rather well. I was suppose to go to Iraq with the 39th IBCT from Arkansas starting in May but Colonel Bishop, who is one of my highest commanders, said that I would be needed for a later mission involving Vermont. It has been finally announced that the 86th IBCT (Mountain) from Vermont will be activated for a mission to Afghanistan sometime in 2010. So I plan on putting myself on the volunteer list for that mission and we will see how it goes. But I doubt they kept me in state for nothing when I could be fighting. I have some pictures of my "Blues Brothers" stint but they are all on facebook so whatever.

The Brigadiers are off to a good start for the season. The entire show is on the field and now its a matter of cleaning the drill and music to make it as awesome as it is. Our first show is July 5th, which is right after my week of touring with the Army so I'm going to exhausted with all the driving but whatever. I love playing in this hornline and it's gonna suck if gas prices keep going up and I have to stop. But I should be able to make a lot of shows which would be nice or just join later in the year, say June or something to save all that money up to that point.

Still living the single life, still no idea what I want to do for a career, still unclear where I want to settle, but I do know I want to get my Masters in military history from Norwich which is an online degree so that'll make things easier.

No comments: