22 July 2007

"Why is my car smoking?...."

"...oh because it's on fire." Hmm yup, never in my life would I think that my car would ever catch fire, but Friday night, it indeed did. I was on my way to Lewisburg, PA for my drum corps show when I noticed the smoke coming from my car. I pulled off the road, noting that I had no brakes, and saw that my left rear tire was engulfed in flames. Pretty cool at first been then I realized I was about 4 hours from the closest person I knew, I was in Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton area. So luckily I had like a huge ass bottle of water with me and I put the fire out with that. I then called my roadside service and they towed me to a Volkswagon dealer in Scranton and I spent the night in a Howard Johnson hotel. Come morning, I walked back to the dealership only to find that they were closed for the weekend. So, I called my company again and told them to tow it to somewhere that was open, which happened to be a Pep-Boys. Pep-Boys told me that they would look at it but depending on what was wrong I still may be stuck in the area for a couple days. FUCKING AWESOME, but luckily they did indeed did have the parts I needed. It took them about 7 hours and $600 to fix all the damage. Well there goes a shitload of money that I really neeeded. So I go back back on the road at around 630ish, realizing that it was too late to make it to Lewisburg in time for the show, I just headed back up to Vermont. So yeah that's my story in a nutshell.

I think it's time for a newer car and one that won't keep breaking down.

No comments: