01 August 2007

Last week of summer school...

So yes the final week of summer classes has finally come. It has been a long time but I am so glad that I will finally get a break. I plan on going home this weekend after my drum corps show in I think Endicott, NY but I'm not sure. I have no idea what I am going to do when I get home because, I don't many friends left in NJ anymore, so it'll probably be pretty boring but then again I could use some time away from here and doing nothing.

This past weekend was a camp weekend for the Brigadiers and not a competition weekend. We really needed the extra rehearsal time to clean and improve the show. Although for me, I have to relearn parts of the ballad and the entire closer because we closed 2 contra spots we used to have. And the way I was positioned on the field with the 2 holes, I was about 10-15 yards away from the rest of the contra line for the closer, which looks pretty weird. So I have all new dots which kinda sucks but I'll be fine. Plus I also have to learn the lower splits of the music now because Shawn needs help with the lower part since John isn't coming back. It's more or less just octave stuff but some of it is 4ths, I'll be looking at it the next couple of days so I can get it down.

Hmm what else....ah, during our FTX in September we have the oppurtunity to either do a 10K ruck march or a 10K run/walk. So a couple of us are rucking up and bringing our instruments along, I think we're playing something from National Emblem, but I forget I haven't looked at the email in a little while. So I think that will be pretty funny to see/watch.

I guess that's it really, I know my life is pretty boring, but it should pick up in the next 2 weeks as school gets closer. But we'll see.

No comments: