05 November 2006

Drill weekend...

Well this weekend was definitely an interesting one. I had drill this weekend which is always cool. Carrie and I decided that we would hang out Friday and since I was already staying at their house on Saturday it just made sense for me to stay the night there. We didn't really do anythign it was more of a relaxing night just watching TV and whatnot.

Drill yesterday was only the Veterans Day Parade. That was the only real work we did. After that we had a retirement party for Pat Evans, a tuba player, who is retiring at age 60. This means that the section is now down to just the 2 of us. Granted Andy is really good being that he used to be in the President's Own, the TOP Marine Band in Washington DC. Well actually it's the top military band in the country. But anyway, the retirement was funny as always. Nothing like putting a bunch of musicians together to make fun of each other. It only got worse later that night...

What happens when you put musicians and alcohol together?? One crazy weird ass party. This was the main reason that I was staying at Wendy and Carrie's house to begin with because I know Tom and Rob, who are my usual car pool guys, wouldn't want to go to the party. the party was pretty good. It would have been better if some certain people weren't as annoying as they usually are but you can only so much from them lol.

Today we rehearsed a little bit with the small christmas ensembles that we will be going around to all of the other units in the state and providing music for their family Christmas parties. I'm the tuba player in the only fully functioning brass quintet. All of the other ensembles are a mix match of about every instrument. The higher ups in the band didn't really break us down into any groups just broke us down by squad. But somehow we ended up with the exact instrumentation for the quintet *shrugs*. I think we're going to the Berlin and Westminster armories but I'm not entirely sure. After all of the rehearsing, lunch, a boring brief by the JAG, and goofing around, we had PT and it just killed me. I hate running and this was just ridiculous

I am just completely exhausted, I think it's time for bed...

No comments: