10 December 2006

Brigadiers camp and more...

Well this past weekend was amazing!!! It was my first camp with the Syracuse Brigadiers Drum and Bugle Corps and these guys are awesome. My section, the contra line, are definitely the best group of guys there. There were 6 of us there this weekend but from what I understand a couple of people were missing. We have a solid sound and are already starting to come together as a section in the music. In just one weekend we've become pretty close in getting to know each other. As for the rest of the brass line I don't know too many of them yet but that will all change. The battery is sounding good for only the second camp. They have an awesome on-field warmup, it's just great. I LOVe our music for this year too...

For you Twp band guys who read this, the opener is like 2001 where we did a little bit of American Elegy that led into Vesuvius, same idea here


On-field Warmup - The Great Sendoff

Theme: Images in Time

Pre-Opener- As Time Goes By
Opener- Spanish Fantasy
Ballad- The First Time I ever saw your face
Closer- Sparkling Diamonds (I think anyway)

So yeah some good music in there. My next camp is 19-21 January and I can't wait to go back!! BUY AIR MATTRESS, sleeping bags don't do the trick!! Should have remembered that one from the Cadets haha.



On to other news...

Finals start on Thursday, I have no idea when any of mine are because I've been too busy to check. But thankfully now that last week is over so now things will settle down to more of a routine more than a free for all. I do just want this semester to be over with, it was just a bad one overall I think. Probably because I had absolutely no summer break at all and just went from school, to bct/ait, to here again :-/, so yeah, looking forward to spending some time to SLEEP among other things

I plan on going to Times Square for New Year's this year, so if you want ask and I might bring you along :-P

No comments: