04 December 2006

Drill weekend

Well this weekend wasn't all that bad it was just really long. Saturday for drill my brass quintet went to the Air National Guard chow hall to play a bunch of Christmas music for them since they were having their Christmas meal. We were very well received and I don't know if that was because we were good or they were just being nice. We had a really good group luckily which is why I think we sounded really good. Sunday my group drove down to Bellows Falls and played at the American Legion post there, some infantry unit was having their Christmas party so we played christmas music once again. Saturday was our own Christmas party at night at the Lincoln Inn and it was a blast. I sat with Carrie, Niels, and Yulia so it made for some good conversations while the whole band goofed around and got drunk haha.

This week is definitely going to be a crazy one. I have a paper due at some point in the week, another one due Friday, a project due tomorrow, and finals are just around the corner. As much as I will hate it I need to spend a lot of time in the library to get away from the computer and my roommate. Not that I don't like him, he just always has people over and it gets very distracting. So in order to do well I need to get out of the room.


This coming weekend is my first weekend back doing drum corps! I'm so excited. It's going to be very hard because my corps still plays Dynasty G horns, which is totally going to throw me off with the pitches. Thankfully though they are in negotiations with Yamaha to get their new Bb horns for the entire hornline. So hopefully by January or February camp we will have the new horns. So basically once I get used to the G horns I will have to switch to Bb, GREAT! haha


So here's the plan of the week in a nutshell basically:

1. Project due tomorrow
2. Paper due Thursday I think
3. Paper due Friday
4. Pick up car
5. Go to camp and not come back until Sunday!
6. Remember to bring horn home so I can practice on it



Feel free to comment on anything lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no one ever comments :( i never know what to say...
bridget